We’ve introduced a new way to organise and manage your information easily and adjusted our infrastructure in preparation for historical tracking and richer insights (coming soon) into your household finances.
What is MyFINANCIALS, the Financial Card View, and why have we made this change?
The Moorr platform was originally built in 2017. Since then, we’ve received loads of feedback and suggestions about what our valuable users want to be able to see on the platform.
Simply put, the change to the Moorr platform was done based on feedback provided by our users. It was clear that users of our platform wanted:
- Better ways to track their wealth creation.
- More insights on financial performance.
- Historical tracking to accurately edit, view, and track their data.
- An improved and more accurate, automated MoneySMARTs tracking platform.
- A dedicated property portfolio tracking tool with all the important insights and functions they need as property investors.
- More automation.
As you can see, our users clearly want to track their performance accurately over time. We examined the existing framework that our Moorr platform had been built on back in 2017 and determined that both the structure and how data was entered by users were simply not sufficient enough to enable us to proceed with the improvements our users wanted.
We needed to redesign how data was captured so that our users could view, edit, track, and manipulate their data in a clearer and more concise way.
This is why we’ve introduced MyFINANCIALS!
The MyFINANCIALS tool is the engine room for your money management within the Moorr Platform, accessible via the mobile app and now, the web (desktop) browser version. You can learn more about MyFINANCIALS Overview here >
As part of this tool, we’ve also redesigned the User Interface on the webapp and introduced a more intuitive way to update or record your input.
We call it – Financial Cards. 😉
With the new Financial Card View, you’ll eventually be able to not only drill down to each individual “Card” and view its history but also view higher-level insights at the Item Level or even broader ‘Dashboard’ level insights to gain a more complete picture of your financial situation.
Check out the brief walkthrough below:
Introducing MyFINANCIALS and the Card Tray
We’ve moved your financial information, previously captured in forms on various pages (Such as Income, Expenses, Other Assets etc.) into a single ‘Card Tray’, easily accessible at the bottom of every page and also via the MyFINANCIALS button on the side menu. Here, you’ll find all of your financial information easily accessible and available at a glance.
What is this designed to do?
- Improve the platform’s functionality for locating, managing, sorting and updating your information, including the future capability to search and filter (coming soon) your information from one central location.
- Each ‘Card’ provides a quick view of the information contained within, allowing you to better peruse your overall financial position at a glance (note this does not replace the home dashboard you are familiar with currently).
- Cards have been designed to allow independent and rich insights on each self-contained ‘Card’ so that you can better track and see progress on certain aspects of your financial position. These insights may not be immediately available upon release, though will be added to progressively after release.
- When you click and open a Card, the information and inputs within provide the building blocks for editable historical tracking and insights on key figures within your household finances. (This is still being completed).
- The new Card View serves to contain and manage your base-level information for future tracking dashboards similar to what was introduced with Wealth Dashboard earlier this year.
What will happen to my existing data?
Good news is none of your existing data is affected or lost. All we have done is enhance your user experience with more features and functionality with this upgrade and it now allows us to build the new functionality that we’ve mentioned is going to be coming soon in 2024.
Will my MoneySMARTS activities be impacted?
If you are taking advantage of the MoneySMARTS money management system built into Moorr, then more good news – the upgrade to MyFINANCIALS doesn’t impact you running your MoneySMARTS program. And in further good news, given MyFINANCIALS is the central home of all financial record keeping and activities, any changes made in MyFINANCIALS will also integrate with MoneySMARTS going forward, as it has done since the release of the first release of our platform.
Historical Tracking Overview (Coming Soon)
Our users have told us that what they would like to see the most in our platform is the ability to view the historical performance of their household over time. The above infrastructure changes make it possible for you to track your household’s financial performance. This is done by maintaining a historical record of each relevant data field within a Card, thereby allowing for insights and performance tracking to be displayed to you. The ability to edit historical information will also be opened up so that you can ensure the highest degree of accuracy in your data and therefore reliable and consistent insights.
Whilst the ability to input and manage historical information is not yet available, this will be released in the coming months to ensure you have full control over your information. From there, we’ll be releasing various graphs, charts and other insights on your financial performance based on these inputs.
The ability to track your financial information historically will then allow you to drill down into the specific performance of each area of your finances, as well as obtain overall high-level, meaningful insights.